Safer Boating. Safer Water. Safer Kids.
The Chris Connors Fund was established as a special project of the York Fire Department and York Water Rescue team to create a junior boating and water safety program for York, Maine and its surrounding community in order to save lives by promoting and teaching safer boating and safer water habits for kids.
- To ensure Chris Connors's legacy of safer boating, safer water, safer kids will continue in the years to come.
- To sponsor a free Annual Kids Boating and Water Safety Day
- To distribute a free waterproof First Mate's Boating Safety Checklist and Salty's Water Safety Tip Card for kids
- To sponsor a Chris Connors Scholarship for a young man or woman to attend The United States Merchant Marine Academy or The Coast Guard Academy
- To educate the children in our community about boating and water safety tips through our mascot Salty The Seal and the York Water Rescue Team
Committees & Chairpersons:
The Chris Connors Fund:
York Water Rescue Team:
Beach Layout & Tent & Table Rental & Set-up:
Judi & Dave Shirley
The Chris Connors Bracelet Co-Chairs:
Mary & Russell Connors
Chris & Liam Connors
Food & Beverage:
Tent Exhibitors - Business's, Organizations & Clubs Co-Chairs: Harbor Master (York Police)
Assistant Harbor Master & Coast Guard Auxiliary
Kids & Family Boating, Beach & Water Safety Tent Exhibitors Co-Chairs:
Kids "Safer Boating * Safer Water * Safer Kids" Elementary School Program
Kids "Safer Boating * Safer Water * Safer Kids" MC Challenge/Activities/Game Volunteers Co-Chairs:
Opening CeremoniesLife Jacket Tent: Proper Fitting, Sales & “Trade In or Up” Co-chairs:
Live Demonstrations, Drills & Rescues (Waters Edge)Marketing, Signage & Media Co-Chairs:
Permits & Police & Parks & Recreations & Insurance
Salty The Seal
Salty The Seal “10 Top Tip Cards for SaferBoating * Safer Water * Safer Kids" Co-Chairs:
Safer Swimming Kids Challenge
Our mission and our goals to educate Safer Boating * Safer Water * Safer Kids in our community are achieved by a dedicated group of men and women.